z24 motor for sale/parts - Valdosta, ga

I have a non-running Nissan z24 motor with electronic throttle body injection. The headgasket blew and has been replaced with a fel-pro gasket. The exhaust manifold gaskets have been replaced as well. While doing the headgasket the timing chain tensioner popped out,so the timing cover has been removed as well. Along with that,the oil pump,water pump,and distributor have also been removed (the timing cover won't come off without these removed).

The head has NOT been torqued down,but was cleaned and not warped. I have a full timing cover gasket set,as well as a brand new water pump/fan clutch combo,and the alternator was replaced not quite 2 years ago.

This motor ran strong until the headgasket blew,and I'm going to simply swap in a ka24de as a project rather than tinkering with this one. A good candidate for a quick rebuild as a spare motor for any older Nissan vehicle or as spare parts.

Price for the whole motor is $200 obo, negotiable and trades considered

The motor is also available for part out. If you don't see something listed just ask

Head (8 sparkplug)- $80

Valve cover - $10

Exhaust manifold - $20

Intake manifold with throttle body attached - $55

Distributor (8 plug with wires) - $40

Oil pump - $25

New water pump with fan clutch - $40

Long block - $85

The flywheel, clutch and motor mounts are staying with me, and are not for sale.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Moved to parts for sale.

The Z24 heads were all 8 plug. The only California 'edition' 8 plug head I know of was the Z20E on the '80 200sx. Only California were 8 plug all others were 4 plug, all federal '81s were 8 plug. The distributor is very likely unique to California with different vacuum advance curves.

Thanks for moving it, and the info regarding the California edition. I was told by my Nissan buddy that it was just the Cali edition that came with the 8-plug head. Ill be sure to let him know, and to facepalm myself for not doing the research. Ill edit the post to rectify my mistake

He may be thinking of the '80 motors when the NAPS system was first used. California has lower emissions standards and had to have the 8 plug. Federal and Canada did not. For '81 all other states were up graded to the 8 plug heads. This was for the Z20 and Z22 motors. '83 was when the Z24 came out and they were all 8 plug.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.