Datsun Matsuri 2013

DaveM

Hey all,

I am a little bit behind on some of the details for Datsun Matsuri 2013 but I didn't want to leave it too late. I'm happy to confirm that we're going to do it again!

I will have details and registration up a bit later but in the mean time, MARK YOUR CALENDARS and make plans to attend.

The first event was a big success thanks to everyone taking a leap of faith and trusting that it wouldn't be a flop. We had 43 cars out. This is a solid turn out for a first time event. For comparison, the Solvang Datsun Roadster Meet, celebrating its 25th year in 2012 (I think) had 86 roadsters (if my info is correct), so we didn't do too bad for a first shot.

Here are the basics:

Datsun Matsuri 2013
Kelowna, BC
Held in conjunction with the Knox Mountain Hill Climb
May 17-19, 2013 (show on the 18th)

In addition to the Hill Climb on the periphery, Datsun Matsuri is also part of a larger car show going on simultaneously so there will be plenty going on. Kelowna is a great spot for those who haven't been there before.

Here is the thread from Datsun Matsuri 2012 linked to the page where the first photos show up: http://community.ratsun.net/topic/41031-datsun-matsuri/page-6

Looking forward to seeing plenty of you there.

Dave

p.s.  All you Washington guys who, last year, said you would have liked to come but couldn't because you didn't have a passport...you now have time to get one. ;)   Google maps tells me it is just over 5 hours from Spokane to Kelowna.  Same from Seattle to Kelowna.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LoneWolf

Hi Dave, just seen the posting...yeah I would be interested in going again to the Datsun Matsuri...I had a fun time there last year, alot of cool Datsuns and other cool cars too...hopefully some of the same bunch of Alberta guys come again too(Burgundy 300z, silver 280Z with Konigs,two-tone grey 510 with panosport)...So what about you Washington State guys??? so what's up Yanks...Do any of you American guys enjoy hearing cars racing up a mountain at full throttle screaming around sharp turns :thumbup:  and also when your in Kelowna you can buy some better beer too B)....now if memory can serve me correctly there was another car show last year at the same time as the Kelowna Show in Washington(Event Cordinators please don't make events on same days as other shows)....but I seen a photo of a couple guys standing in the rain :confused:  :confused:  :confused: (Des moines car show or something like that????)...you guys don't need to do that...speaking from last years experience at Kelowna, both Friday and Saturday were great sunshine weather...I was wearing shorts both days... make the journey to Kelowna for the Knox Car Show.

• 2 months later...

Finally...

Registration is open: http://www.myautoproject.com/datsun-matsuri-2013/

A few other tidbits of info for you:

The T-shirt design will be finalized in the next 10 days. It won't suck. Essentially, there will be a number of popular Datsun models featured on the same shirt; Z, Roadster, 510, and a 320. The artwork will have a similar look and feel to the 2012 design.

I did a survey of 2012 participants and the result is the Twisties Tour is a no go for this year but there are some cool options for those interested in a little cruise on Suday (a massive hot rod / muscle car show down the road about 40 minutes in Peachland, some great wineries to tour up in the hills around Kelowna).

New for this year is a swap meet (or "boot sale" as British friends say) on Friday night (again, based on survey results).

I've also been in discussions with a pro automotive photographer who is working on putting some affordable options together for those who want professional shots of their car. The photo shoot will take place same time as the swap meet (Friday night).

So, please go ahead and register.

Also, some great prizes this year too which I'll tell you about later.

• 2 weeks later...

Alrighty everyone, I'm going to roll the dice and see if I can pull off a decent event. Registration is still a question mark but I'll keep the faith.

So, Datsun Matsuri is back on!

I have a few things to work out before I can open registration again so watch for that on Monday.

Apologies for the drama.

In the mean time, shake the Datsun trees to see if any other Datsun Nuts fall out.

;)

I'd really like to see some of the Spokane guys make it this year. It isn't far from you.

Alrighty...

Registration is open again. Here you go:http://www.myautoproject.com/datsun-matsuri-2013/

Some changes from the previous iteration of the event are:
Dropped the entry fee by $5
Deleted the swap meet
Deleted the photo session
Show is still a go as planned (with show categories dependent on types of vehicles registered)
I will have some great draw prizes thanks to our sponsors, Sports Imports, Wolf Steel and MyAutoProject.com and the now defunct Nissan Sport Magazine (collectors items now?)
No pre-order of the T-shirts but I'll come up with a plan for those who want one.

I am sorry for the inconvenience, but you will have to re-register if you're planning on attending. All previous registrations have been refunded (check your cc statement / paypal).

• 2 weeks later...

well it looks like the car wont be done....again. I got it running and even shifting gears but the electrical is giving me some grief.  I'll stop by with the kids to have a look at all the sweet rides again though. 

I went and got an enhanced license this year because you kinda shamed me/us into getting one in case i needed to go to Canada to make this ,, this time around , but we just can`t afford to get all the way up there this year.

:hmm: