old school stereos in a 510

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget!  Early Datsun and Nissan cars came with optional provision for aftermarket audio units that had built in rather tinny single audio outputunnitiets!  That's where the Radio Replace Placards come from!  The replacemernt stereo / or mono dash units were available as after market units [don't forgret to set the positive as ground or high voltage /  and work them well! ] Most such replacement units had a built in mono speaker so advoided the "where should I put the stereo speakers". Mine has worked well for the last 46 years!  I still have the factory "Radio Delete" plate and the $17 cost of the replacement radio I inistalled in San Bernardino CA all too many years ago,!  No, the radio delete plate is not for sale, I have every removed part since I bought this car new to restore it for "as factory delivered" configuration!  Some of us do want  to remember that what it was that originally attracted us to this "outlandish" set of vehichles!  Mine started at the Shinjuku station East gate Tokyo many years ago. But that's another story!  Which is documented elseware!  I Had a ball in Japan in the 60's, came home to the USA with a wife and a daughter and have them both ever since [plus 2 more children].  That's a 54 year  anniversarory to us for this year!