KA24DE Loopy When I give it Gas

mantas

I have a KA24DE in a 620, the engine was having this problem before i got it, now i'm trying to sort it out. The car idles fine, but as soon as you give it some gas it gets all loopy. I don't even know how to explain it. Basically it revs ok but bogs a bit and jumps back up to the same rpm over and over, while throttle is held at any position. Does not want to die at all just jumps around in idle speed and fast. Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Injectors OHM out to 14 across the board.

TPS New

Temp Sensor New

Have 2 MAFS checked both

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Checked codes:

12 Mass Air Flow Sensor - had this unplugged a few times with engine running thats probably why

13 ECT Sensor - this was unplugged

34 Knock Sensor - took the sensor out it had cracks all over it. Toast.

41 Intake Air Temperature Sensor - had this unplugged a few times with engine running thats probably why

82 Crankshaft Position Sensor - probably throwing code because engine is pulling timing to correct whatever knock sensor is telling it to do.

So after the knock sensor arrives i should be able to track the rest of the issues.

Just unplug the knock sensor (leave it unplugged), reset the ECU and run it again. See what codes come up.

I would but i have already taken apart some crap so i'll see if it works tomorrow. Have to measure the driveshaft etc, ran into some problems with that KA swap situation, doing a minor swap thread if you want to check it out lol.

Just unplug the knock sensor (leave it unplugged), reset the ECU and run it again. See what codes come up.

Well i replaced the crappy knock sensor now i'm gettin 12, 13, 82 codes. Damn it, they all run from the same wire loom.....i have a feeling im about to find some crapped out wires.

Thats a good thing... Wire is cheap to replace, sensors tend to not be.

True. Found nothing interesting but it does seem like my idiot friend left some coil wires partially plugged in. I'll clear the codes tomorrow and look further into the issue, but also may be a leaky intake manifold gasket, vatozone has them cheap but might as well grab it from nissan for the same price. Plus i can just walk there lol.

> may be a leaky intake manifold gasket

Test it! It's faster than changing a GOOD manifold gasket

Too late - in the process of changing it, it had a water and oil leak so i pulled it off, and seems like i had some left over fuel on cyl #3 probably from a stuck injector. I'll test that once everything is back together tonight. Can i get rid of the egr solenoid? I did the egr block off plate and broke the egr solenoid when pulling the mani.

Not to be too lulzy here.

But make sure you didn't do what I did. Had the damned MAF installed backwards. Hahaha.

Haha. Yeah its not backwards and i even tried swapping the wires around just in case they were plugged in wrong and the engine ran like complete crap. I have a feelin this intake mani will fix my problems and it could have been one injector was flooding the engine which ill findout later.
Well what I was referring to is limp mode. If you disconnect the MAF entirely does it make any difference?

Yup it runs better with the MAF unplugged, but i have two MAFS and both do that. Basically when i hold the throttle opened and steady the engine revs up and down on its own and shakes...well now i'm only getting code 12 and 82 since i plugged the cooland temp sensor back in. I would assume if the CAS was bad the engine would not start but heck do i know lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I totally forgot to do an update. My issue was one of the plug wires was toasted. I could not tell until i yanked the whole harness out and checked for continuity from the plug to the ecu connector. Turned out the wired was completely dead so i replaced and now she purrs again. Just have to button up a few major issues and i'm she will be on the road.

• Like 2
I totally forgot to do an update. My issue was one of the plug wires was toasted. I could not tell until i yanked the whole harness out and checked for continuity from the plug to the ecu connector. Turned out the wired was completely dead so i replaced and now she purrs again. Just have to button up a few major issues and i'm she will be on the road.

Thanks for the likes. I'm hoping this helps someone else in a quest to hunt down the infamous MAF issues. I hate seeing threads that end with no solution or the OP never bothers to post what the fix was. Leeches!