73 S30 Turbo resto-mod

Modern? Not really lol. In a 280zx you get horrible snap over, out of corners, the only other way to really remedy that is to get springs that are stiff enough to eliminate the squat, which in turn destroys any handling there might have been lol. IMO, stay with the stock suspension, if you're not happy with the stock set up, just about the entire suspension can be redone with aftermarket replacements. The ZX's don't really have that support so you'll be stuck lol. But that's my .02c

Haha alright, thanks. Ive just begun learning to work on suspensions. its all new to me. never really messed around with one before. 

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep your stock s30 rear suspension if you can :)

LOTS more aftermarket support and options .... brakes .... arms .... mounts ... etc :D

They handle damn good the way they be ;)

Its not worth the trouble ... more of a step backwards (honest just my opinion :) )

Put the zx suspension up for sale or keep for another project.:-)

Nice datsun shell and tractor !! :D

For fuel cell you can use some 3/4" - 1" mild steel square tubing ... foam padding (between cell and mount) ,... and just follow the outline of the original rear frame when welding in the tubing.

I had to flip her over somehow.. lol :D

so youre saying to build a frame to fit around a fuel cell, however big i want it. Then to have the fuel cell made to fit the frame? 

what shape/size would you recommend?

any clearance issues i should worry about besides the ground? 

• 3 months later...

R200 is the Diff like ComicArtist said get a mustache bar & stub axles, the one in your 240z is a R180 I've seen people keep them and hold up just fine.

I know some road racers that run the r180 diff w/ls1 power plant and after 6 or 7 years there is finally some metal shards collecting on the magnetic drain plug. So it should work fine for a l28et.