Its all whatever it is....

JAS

Cold weather sucks, fuel gauge stuck at just under a 1/4 tank.... ran me out of gas in the snow in the middle of town today... Guage worked fine untill all this cold and snow hit... runs great after putting gas back into it.

Also, every b210 or 210 i ever owned, always went ass forward into the aposing lane in the ice...Love the cars, but every one of them did it to me... Should have put the B210 away for the winter and drove the 620KC, but the 620 is this winters project.

Just saying.... winter sucks...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never. Extra weight means it takes further to stop. A lighter car stops faster always. Extra weight gives better traction in deep snow but once rolling becomes a liability. Under emergency braking the back end will want to 'come around'. Instead increase traction with proper snow tires and drive according to conditions.

In snow and ice, when emergency stopping, shift lever into neutral on automatics.... ever notice how an auto CAN easily be popped out of DRIVE into NEUTRAL without doing anything but ram the lever forwards? The reverse is locked out so it won't go any further. On standards get the clutch in to uncouple the motor from the wheels.

Both will disconnect the engine from the drive wheels and remove any extra compression braking that can overpower the rear wheels when stopping on very poor traction surfaces. Now you can (or as best you can) effectively pump the brakes to avoid lock ups. This is not the time to have 200 extra pounds pushing you along from behind.

Best car I ever had for snow and ice, 91 nissan sentra SER, had serious positrac front wheel drive,SR20, close coupled 5 speed... Too bad 5th gear was the weak point of the car. Nothing like both front tires pulling hard, or downshifting to slowdown. The B210 is one of the best offroad cars I ever drove... With a little weight in back... Even carried a 1/4 ton of high grade gold ore in the back once, 80 miles off the blacktop.