Front Sway Bar, 620

h190

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes they will bolt in. However, The end links are not perfectly straight up and down like we are used to seeing. Of course the links should be as close to vertical as possible for best operation, but you don't really have too many options on this one. 

To install this, you need the earlier 620 sway bar and frame brackets. But if memory serves me correctly, you need longer endlinks from a 80-85 720. The early 620 ones are too short because they mount to a different location on the control arm.

There used to be an aftermarket option from ADDCO for front and rear sway bar, but i am not sure if they still make them. They were a bit pricey.

Your other option is to build one like i did. It can be seen in the build thread in my signature.

The above X2

I installed one on my '78 but made my own links because the others broke removing them they were so rusty. I went through the dumpster behind the brake and muffler shop and collected the washers and rubber bushings off the throw away front shocks. Cut some 1/2" pipe to length and bought a pair of long bolts and nuts.  Worked like a charm.

• 4 weeks later...