510 Suspension and Strut Swap

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe he has wisely been spending his time hunting for 510s instead of living on Ratsun all the time like I do. :P Which is giving me the idea I need more 510s myself. I have just 3 Datsuns and only one is a 510. I very much have 510 envy of someone with four!

I can't remember why pre-ZX struts aren't considered kosher. I think it is the angle of the spindle to the strut, but could be something else. I just follow the gospel that says use ZX struts. Here is one thread I bookmarked on swapping:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/34171-280zx-struts/

Len

That's basically what i have been doing.  I had been looking for a long time and then found all 4 within like a week so now i can start learning everything now cuz i have alot of projects

I would recommend making a build thread to encompass the projects and you can post your questions and document your progress in there. I would also hit up the search bar heavily as Im sure most questions you have will be well documented here. 

A build thread will help you keep all your stuff straight and we can help out along the way.

Once again welcome and cant wait to see what kind of cars you picked up. Im a pre-70 guy myself, so Id love to see that 69 2dr.