project 620(possible)

Greenless

SO, i have been browsing f/s adds for about 2 years with little luck finding what i have been looking,(2 door dime or a 620) for until this morning.

a scrap yard that i drive by on the way to work every day had a 620 on a flatbed this morning. they have a title(she thinks, and its pa law that they do or technically they cant crush it)

anyway, i will be checking it over tonight or tomorrow morning, i need a few points to look for to make sure this thing is a viable project. my plans would be a carbed sr20 with a 5 speed, and down the road when i have the $$ possibly 4x4 and a lift. i dont need the engine or trans or interior, since that will all get swapped. so i just need to know what to look for on the body and frame? and what parts are hardest to source if they are missing?

my wife is gonna hate me. :devil:

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO

floorpans

Fenders

roof

bed floor near cab

and of course if they de hooked it its not a real 620 soooo..... ya :rofl:

everything else can be found on ratsun and shipped for a decent price.

and id look for disc's in the front as a bonus since your looking at a swap

I looked into running dual carbs, or ITB's on a KA24DE, because the wiring and EFI seemed to complictated .... it isn't, and it's WAY cheaper/easier to just stick with the stock EFI

replacement parts/tech. support is easier to find for a stock EFI SR20 than a carb'd SR20 (only seen a few) ... . also (only seen a few SR20 620's) .. KA24 will be cheaper

i like sr20s i have owned 3 cars that run them. there is that and i want the carbs so the truck looks more like the engine belongs. i have dealt with wiring messes in the one engine swap i have completed, it wasnt too bad but i want to try carbs.

it has hooks, thats how i recognized it as a possible datsun before i hit the brakes to make sure.

were all 620s drums on all corners? i cant stand drum brakes so i guess ill have to upgrade.

floorpans, doors, fenders i can deal with but the roof and frame are probably more than i want to try to tackle if they are bad. i didnt get a call back to come look today so ill call them again in the morning.

Pics or it didn't happen... Lolzzzz... We're picture whores here.

funny you should ask:

DatsunHazen.jpg

it is VERY rough. it was dark when i got there since i work till 5pm and thats when it gets dark nowadays. this is my first conscious NON Z CAR datsun experience. i am not normally an optimistic person but i find myself really wanting this thing now.

i can put a finger through one fender. grill and hood look goodish. bed is ok but its hard to tell cause its full of scrap. driver window is down 80% so i am sure interior is trash as i suspected/hoped to lower price. i think if i can get the thing dropped in my garage for under $400 i just might regardless of how bad it is. i might be abl to make some back in parts even if the frame is trash.

it is a 74, whats left of the paint appears to be original blue. i think i will pass on this one since i would have to replace 90% of the truck to have a driver. cab is swiss cheese on the floor, in the door jams, rockers etc. bed is a mess. frame might be solid, at least in the few places i tapped on it but it is very rusted and most visible bolts are probably not wrenchable. in the long run it would be cheaper to buy out west and drive it home.

roof.jpg

doorjam.jpg

driverrocker.jpg

Driverside.jpg

passbondo.jpg

if anyone wants parts i could probably pick them up cheap. i didnt ask about parts but i am sure this one is slotted for the crusher in the near future and there isnt much of a market for datsun parts in my area so they would likely be cheap. i will charge what they ask plus shipping and a few $ to cover my 5 mile drive.