removing windscreen to fix pile of rust

Eric

any tips i must get before starting? i have lots of rust around my windscreen and every time it rains i have a puddle in my 610, dont want that cause thats making my floor rusty.

so i will try removing the chrome trim form around the screen and see what ill find..

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish i knew about that tool skib! be gentle with the chrome although Dato moulding seem to be fairly tough compared to the old holdens here in AU. From 610 experience you will find it as corroded around the area of the clips( and nail head looking pin which locates it) and the top and bottom line of the windscreen line at the lowest point. this is generally what i have found. the front screen moulding on the bottom corners flashes under the drip rail moulding via the bottom most screw (coupes definetly 4door and goon i cant recall) you need to remove the screw or otherwise they wont come off, as for the screen if you have not removed one before get the pro's out.. not worth wrecking a good screen, as for rebuilding the screen surround well i managed to do it but it is tricky and time consuming but well worth it. ohhh and if you can find thoose moulding clips the same please let me know as we cant get them here in oz.... i have somthing similiar however it doesn't work as well as the right fastener. my 2 cents/dime worth.

Took out the screen today, wasnt the first time i did this, so that wasnt what i was worried about.

Chrome almost fell off, no need for any tool, just a philips head screwdriver for the lower trim.

Looks like i need to take of the front fenders as well because the rust in the lower corners from the screen is heading down..

This is what i found underneath, started the first repair, lots more to go.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57835122@N05/sets/72157632164219620/