east contra costa

ssnapz

Apologies for the my absence at the last meet my brothers!!  

I'm down for the drive-in idea when it gets warmer and DST licks in!  I can even see a regular nor-cal drive-in night once a month..what do you think?.. lets go big with this idea!! "fun for the whole family" sorta thing.. you know what i mean!?!?! I think if its held in san jose capitol drive-ins it would be sweet.. but then again concord sounds a lil more central-ized for nor cal if you wanna go big.. I'll start a post on ratsun to get some ideas first.. WHAT YA ALL THINK??? this summer

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm down for the drive-in idea when it gets warmer and DST licks in!  I can even see a regular nor-cal drive-in night once a month..what do you think?.. lets go big with this idea!! "fun for the whole family" sorta thing.. you know what i mean!?!?! I think if its held in san jose capitol drive-ins it would be sweet.. but then again concord sounds a lil more central-ized for nor cal if you wanna go big.. I'll start a post on ratsun to get some ideas first.. WHAT YA ALL THINK??? this summer

Of course, You wouldn't want to plan anything just to appeal to me, but if it's more than about 20 miles from Concord, I'm probably out... I'm old and crusty, and have lots of health issues that limit my range.

Wow. Incredible. We don't have meets like this in the Midwest. Once I move out here later in the year, I intend to be a fixture at such things. I love the drive-in idea, we do a similar thing in Cleveland's suburbs (albeit with no Datsuns that aren't mine) with a lot of success.

• Like 1
Ive never been to a drive in, does it require a radio? Cause my L20b with a 32/36 is my radio right now...

From their FAQ-- All our audio is quality FM Dolby Stereo that is tuned directly through your car FM stereo! If you don't have an FM stereo, bring a portable boom box. 

I will have to read lips as the 520 has no radio, and I think I got rid of my last boom box in 1986 when they went out of style.

• Like 1
From their FAQ-- All our audio is quality FM Dolby Stereo that is tuned directly through your car FM stereo! If you don't have an FM stereo, bring a portable boom box. 

I will have to read lips as the 520 has no radio, and I think I got rid of my last boom box in 1986 when they went out of style.

Maybe we can park super close to a fellow Ratsuner

Tomorrow night, see you guys there. We'll have day light for a little bit too

I'm tentatively coming with a group-inappropriate vehicle... 520 seat is getting re-redone and don't want to drive sitting on a milk crate, and my other hooptey only has one headlight... so I'll be bringing my big-snailed HHR.  Don't worry.  I'll park far enough away so as to appear not to be associated with you guys ;)

Waited till 7:30 and no one showed.

Went across the street to chuck e cheese instead for my kids school fun raiser

I guess there was too much daylight to have a meet LOL

Conrad

Sorry, I had to chicken out... you wouldn't want to see my hooptey anyway.  I'll be able to drive the 520 next time.

• Like 1