need a 521 hazard switch!.....annnnd maybe a lighter too!

Yo! Like it says I need a 6pin 521 hazard switch so my turn signals will work more than anything i'd also need the little L-bracket that mounts it under the dash....and same with the lighter socket.....need one with the bracket too.....thanks!.....text if you can 253-330-2045....I'm in seattle so anywhere between or around lynnwood and tacoma I can come meet you....thanks dudes!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In my 521 service manual, there are the wire colors on the flasher switch connector.

Green, power with ignition on.

Green w/ Blue Ignition power pass through to turn signal flasher.

Green w/ Yellow, power from hazard flasher.

Green w/ Black, to right turn signals.

Green w/ Red, to left turn signals.

I believe you can connect the green to the green w/ blue wire, and you will have turn signals until you can get a switch.

Ok sweet! So I tried that (made a jumper out of a 6pin female plug) and sure enough it works! Thanks again Daniel! However only the right signal works and the indicator light in the gauges doesn't light up......and when I used the same method to jump the hazard flasher only the rightside signals lit up......guess there's some gremlins to sort out in the left signal circuit :\ gotta check if voltage coming out of the switch

Without a switch, disconnecting the two wires, Green, power with ignition on, and Green w/ Blue Ignition power pass through to turn signal flasher, and connecting the other three wires should make the four way flashers work. You did jump three wires to get the flashers to work?

This might be of help to you.

521wires.jpg

When troubleshooting 521 "minor" lights, I check and get the four way flashers working first. After they work get the brake lights working, and the reverse lights.

To cause the brake lights to go on, but a brick on the brake pedal, or if you have a brake light pressure switch in the engine compartment, just jump the two connections in the harness, that plug into the brake light switch.

Disconnect the positive going to the ignition ballast resistor, a single black wire with a white strip, and put the truck in reverse, with the key on.

Putting the reverse, brake and flashers on causes enough current to go to the taillight assembly, that is it a good test of the grounding of the taillight assembly. I have found it is common for the taillight ground to go bad after 40 years of dirt, and rain, and road grime getting thrown in that general direction by the rear tires. Usually running an extra wire from the taillight frame, to the frame of the truck will fix taillight ground problems.

Another potential electrical problem source is the bundle of connectors inside the cab, behind the glove box, that makes all the connections between the engine room harness, and the cab harness.

After you are done, and the truck will start, but not keep running, put the black with a white stripe wire back on the ballast resistor.

Right on!.....lots of stuff to keep in mind.......and yeah I jumped the green with green/blue and I got only the rightside turnsignal working and jumped the other 3 and the hazard relay responds fine but again no left signals....I'm gonna have to go hunting wth my voltmeter it seems

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.