620 Build

Guest Discopotatoes14

I know these update's kind of suck considering the lack of picture's I promise their coming up soon. Ive just scrapped alot of different plans building this truck.

I have come to the final conclusion building the frame and the final design is complete I may have made some minor mistakes but I'm just too anxious to get this truck back on the road so I've been going ham on it.

The front half isn't even started yet because of the Mandrel tubing bender die breaking but the company sent me a new bending die to replace it so hopefully it will last a few bends once it get's here and the Front end will be 100% completed. But considering I may have went a little cheap on the bender I may not be caging the entire truck but what i have planned on doing may be interetsing so stay tuned I promise the wait will be worth it. 

I'll be posting pic's of the frame by this weekend. Hopefully completed. Then i can start on body work. ^_^

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So i said i would update with some pic's 

Not too happy since i sliced my right hand open side tracking building another KA24DE 

anyways what frame looked like in the begining

jan281_zpscbee1207.jpg

What my engine mount's look like their mounting position is only temporary until i can settle on some other decisions

IMAG0052_zps9ea10e62.jpg

Truck sitting on it's side while i make sure i have the tubes welded and also to see the lowest point on the frame is the driveshaft loop... 

made a mistake ill have to live with momentarily... the angle the diff was welded for changed after it was welded so now the diff flange is quite low about 1/8th inch below lowest part on frame lol... Oops gonna have to redo that later....

and a closer look at the ladder bar kit sideways will put up more pictures later but like i said

I gave myself a good 5 stiches in the palm of my right hand.

IMAG0059_zps1eb66b91.jpg

I'm taking a break for a week. I'll try to upload some more pic's with more current work

Injured but not demotivated 

My Frame is quite unique after looking at a few people's builds i Finalized on mine for form and function my drawings are chicken scratch to start off with but they turned into a nice peice of work The mandrel bender i bought was a peice of shit... i had to buy 3 bottle jacks as well as   get the company to send me a new tubing die so that has been handled

Im hopin to get on with the build by sat/sun

• 2 weeks later...

The start of this year has been rough lol... I had a part arrive that broke my foot... sliced my hand and I'm just starting to get over the H1 N1... Can you say a string of bad luck?

But I'm close to completion on the frame i should be back on it tuesday , I am gonna buy prob 2-3   8" bottle jacks to fix the bender so i can finish the truck... they only seem to last like 2-4 bends each

I can't wait to see this thing complete I've had to change alot of plan's but at the same time... alot has been figured out and the final design is complete so i know what I'm working towards. Instead of flying by the seat of my pants... =)

• 1 month later...

Well after a really crappy start to the beginning of this year I have achived alot on the truck build but had alot of sick time/broken shit that held me back. I unfortunatly have gotten the word from the GF to "stop eating shit on the truck and get into a house asap" 

So until i move into my new place the truck won't have anymore work done to it and it's gonna have to just sit around =( 

I will be back.

For the mean time Bought a 96 240sx to swap my KA24DE into since i don't wanna just leave it on the engine stand waiting for the truck.

Yeah I'll post some pictures of the Nissan and datsun sitting side by side. next week end

• 6 months later...

My last post was a while ago... I've been building a new complete frame since modifying the other one is a PITA.

Truck has kind of stopped, I finished the 240sx i picked up and got rid of it. 

Now i grabbed a 67 Datsun Roadster. as of 12/1/2013 , I put it together when i got it in hopes of seeing it complete to find out I'm Missing the 1/4 windows , pass door handle and misc things here and there . I'll be starting a new thread for the Roadster.