521 Wire color questions (what goes where)

Alright, I have my motor in to my 521 and I'm finally to the stage where I worry about how much of a mess the Previous owner made. :rolleyes:

Since he labeled nothing and I'm new to 521s, so I don't know what is supposed to connect to where. A wiring diagram has been helpful but there are some areas the diagram hasn't been so helpful with.

The coil and ballast resistor: I need to know what color wires connect in to each of these? I have the coil pointing twards the front of the vehicle. What color wires attach to the side near the fender and what connect to the side near the engine? With the ballast, what color connects to the side facing the firewall and what color on the side facing the front.

Temp Sender: Does the 521 use a single wire for temp sender similar to the 510? or does it have its own special type of temp sender?

Thats all at the moment. I'm sure after I do some work on it today I'll have a few more questions.

Thanks.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

temp sending wire yellow/white

ballest black/white on one side and 2 wires black/red, black/red on the other side. 2 black/red's go closest to the radiator.

coil black/red on the positive. blue/white and black/yellow on the negative.

i'll try and get you some pics.

temp sending wire yellow/white

ballest black/white on one side and 2 wires black/red, black/red on the other side. 2 black/red's go closest to the radiator.

coil black/red on the positive. blue/white and black/yellow on the negative.

i'll try and get you some pics.

Ok, so, where does the bluewhite wire come from? The harness? The rest is isolated to just the coil and the ballast right?

Wonder if the 510 has a similar set up I could just look at and copy..

the blue/white comes from the e1 relay behind the battery. i think the e1 relay runs the first set of points and the e2 relay (above the coil) runs the second set of points. on a dual point dizzy. however you dont need the e2 relay or the second set of points to drive,

the blue/white comes from the e1 relay behind the battery. i think the e1 relay runs the first set of points and the e2 relay (above the coil) runs the second set of points. on a dual point dizzy. however you dont need the e2 relay or the second set of points to drive,

ok, I just checked my truck today... I have the black white wire and the black red wire. I could not find the blue white wire any where.. The only one I found was a blue/white wire that plugged in to a plastic connector that wasn't going anywhere near ballast. I don't know what happen to that wire..

Also I have no relay above the coil.

I think I found the temp sensor wire... it looked like a yellow/white wire and it was cut near the fuse box. Hopefully that is the right one.

It looks like some one just cut out a ton of wires or something. Most of the stuff on the pasenger side looks ok but once you head over to the driver's side the wiring is all off.