im out of my element

one question i have is what is the difference between the 2+2 and the regular 280z? the only difference i have seen is the quarter window. can y'all elaborate for me?

2+2 was a family version kinda... back seat so the body was a little longer IIRC.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2+2 is 12 inches longer and 3 inches wider in the rear, The rear quarters are noticeably wider when you've owned and seen both. From the front seats back is basically all different and the interior can be hard to find, doors are also longer and have a handle for the rear passengers to open the door. 2+2's with some ZG flares look amazing lowered. A lot of people think the 2+2 is a heavy pig but they're barely heavier then the coupe, the JDM 2+2 is actually lighter then the USDM coupe.

Building the straight six is a great option and they sound great, strokers are pretty expensive but a well built F54 block P90 head combo really screams with some higher compression and a good set of carbs and a Cam.

That Redding yard had a pretty nice little goldmine from an early 70's 510 goon to a 2-door 810, and a few others sprinkled about when we stopped through last Christmas. Fuck whether they're evil or not, save a Datto, salvage parts that you can get your hands on to keep another on the road.