ve I dont know if this is the right forum, but i have issues with my b210

BlueSue

I have a 1977 datsun b210 that ran perfect till a radiator hose burst on the freeway and it kinda overheated...... i just bought it a few months ago from a guy who knew nothing about it.........but basically whats going on now is (i replaced the radiator hose)it starts but will not idle, and its leaking something from behind the engine block area, its not oil, it could be water or :confused: does anyone have any clue where i should start?? I really love this car its the best car ive ever had. :( ............any advice would be greatly apprieciated ^_^ thanks.

-oh, also there is no water in the oil and it did shoot some gunk out the tail pipe during the freeway incident....

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It does? Freeze plugs don't go bad from overheating, but from freezing or rusting. Head gasket is a suspect anytime the engine overheats, but let's not jump to conclusions.

But just look and find out what exactly is leaking. Is it coolant (light green or watery) or fuel (smells nasty like gas) or what? Get your hands dirty.

the fluid its leaking doesnt smell like anything(, and now im not positive about there being no water in the oil....)..its kinda sticky, but watery, with a little brown in it, looks almost like its coming from the exhaust manifold, or dripping heavily from that, probably coming from above that may be . It is not gasoline. it is wet around the hose but no major leak there,

Start with some pics of the area

Is the leak where the block meets the head...?

If one hose blew on ya and all others look old....Would be good measure to change them. They can look good on the outside but be cracking on the inside.