66 520 brake help

double j

I'm sure this has been asked and or told before, but I am unable to find specific info for the early model 520.

This may not be factory setup, as I can't figure why my master is a Nabco 3/4", my rear wheel cylinders are 3/4" and the fronts are 13/16". I have multiple hard lines to replace due to previous shade tree mechanics rounding off the fittings, and of course all 4 soft lines. I have already done the rear brakes h/w. Moving on to the fronts and need to know.

Questions are:

• Should I replace 13/16" cylinders with 3/4"?
  • What size is hard line and fittings? 3/16?
  • Double flare on tube?
  • Are flares 37 degree or 45?

Thanks all, and again sorry if this is a repeat.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well as far as the flare is conserended a dbl flare is a 45 degree and designedd to be used with a flare nut, a single flare is a 37 degree and designed to be used with an tube sleeves and tube nuts. so use the dbl 45 degree.the flare nuts (fittings) should be 3/8x24 and you can get them at any real hardware store, not ACE, or some autozones stock line with them on it, just make sure you dont get line with the metric bubble style, the nuts wont work for you. leave the wheel cylinders as they are. for size 5mm is basically the same as 3/16 tubing too so if you need a long peice but it doesnt have the right nuts buy a short 3/16 and a long 5mm cut one flare of replace nuts and reflare. hope this helps.