EVILC

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks!

Sorry guys got caught up doing audio stuff on the car because winter is here, salt on the roads. Started making a custom box and ran out of talent. So I went to a local place who finished the box for me and I really like it. For now I am waiting for the door panels to come back all covered in new wrapping but almost look oem. Here is what I got as of now:

458761_388995017858440_1207404055_o-L.jp

339443_388994844525124_636900764_o-L.jpg

Should have it all done in another week or so then she will sit until Spring. Then we move on the finsih breaking in the engine and five speed swap/r200.....and leather 350 seats if I can fine any local.

• 2 months later...

Looking into a catch can system for my setup - also will adjust the valves and swap 5 speed in during the next month. Jason (72240z) will be helping me get he leather 350z seats I picked up in the car. She should be all ready to go by the end of April. Vey exciting......just need winter to end already!

• 10 months later...

What you see are coil-on-plugs found on any v8 Ford from 99-05. I am using the Dodge caravan EDIS system to give spark to the coils. I am running a waste spark setup so two coils fire at a time. The spark was nice and strong when tested a few days ago.

Here is a look from the pasn side of the car:

DSCN0520-XL.jpg

I went to the junkyard and cut the connectors off I needed for the coils and made my own harness to connect to the EDIS module and ran a switch +12 source to the othet side of the coil. It is pretty simple - next I have to connect it all to the MegaJolt but the engine should start and idle without it.

Do you know how well the car runs without megajolt? I keep reading up on edis systems for l28's and I just cant figure it out. Also, are you running a trigger system on the crank? Do you have any pictures of it? 

I'm really wanting to go this route with my 260, I just have no idea where to start. I'd like to be able to run it with my 4bbl, and then keep it when I switch to forced induction and megasquirt-I later down the road. 

Did you take the crank trigger and sensor off of the dodge caravan and just adapt it? You would make an ungodly amount of money if you were to make a direct fit kit for L6's.

No FPR at the moment, the NIssan electric pump puts out 5psi.

BTW guys here is how the engine bay looks now:

DSCN1378-X2.jpg

dirty, I planned on making edis parts and plug n play harnesses for the waste spark coil-on-plug setup but just got busy. I am running a trigger wheel and the pickup and module from the caravan. The MJ is controlling the spark and I am running the ford coils as you can see rather than the giant caravan coil pack

Some pics of the build here:

http://evilz.smugmug.com/Cars/Marshas-260Z/19292871_Q9jMmN#!i=2104241853&k=X7fZBcn

• Like 2

I did the build myself and yes it is a v07 crank in there. F54 turbo block and Ross pistons are in there if I ever wanted to go boost which this setup was going to be built as. I also now have a Rebello L30 turbo long block that I am waiting on the right series 1 car to put it into.