Datsun 521 White seatbelt set - dated 1968 Nice Condition!

Here is a nice set of belts for your 521. I assume they were white or cream at some point in the last 40 years, but the condition is very good as can be seen. All pulleys and buckles work perfectly. The chrome on the buckle shines like a mirror, although it can't be seen here. $100 Shipped.

IMG_0666.jpg

IMG_0667.jpg

IMG_0668.jpg

IMG_0669.jpg

IMG_0670.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, those are so not white, those are brown! Nah, just kidding. Nothing a good cleaning can't handle. If I hadn't just picked up a set of blacks, I would have grabbed these.

To the future owner of these fine belts, one way of cleaning: Run them under cold water to break any of the larger materials off the surface. Then in a gallon pail, add extremely hot water and generous amount of my favorite laundry detergent. Completely soak the belts, buckle and all until you can submerge your hands in the water comfortably. Hand agitate the belts for a while, rinse, agitate, rinse, agitate. Again soak to same method above. Continue to do so until it's clean to your satisfaction. My first few soaks yielded some serious mud. Also my soap had fabric softener in it. Belts went from extra crispy to Mila Kunis soft! I don't think bleach is your best option for this cleaning as it may compromise the fabric and turn them seriously yellow.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.