68 Fiveten heater valve Wanted

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you want a "like new" functioning valve, or do you want one to rebuild (http://community.ratsun.net/topic/16631-stop-heater-valve-leak/)?

I've got a couple in the garage, but I'm not sure what years I have. It does appear thought that, out of three, one is a little different. Does anyone know what distinguishes a '68 heater valve from any other?

Thanks Mike

Will try this valve

Looks the same as 68

Heater_valve27017-B5000.jpg

IMG_5722.jpg

Let me know what you have

Might consider buying it also.

Do you want a "like new" functioning valve, or do you want one to rebuild (http://community.rat...ter-valve-leak/)?

I've got a couple in the garage, but I'm not sure what years I have. It does appear thought that, out of three, one is a little different. Does anyone know what distinguishes a '68 heater valve from any other?

Thanks Mike

Will try this valve

Looks the same as 68

Heater_valve27017-B5000.jpg

IMG_5722.jpg

Let me know what you have

Might consider buying it also.

You understand the 620 heater valve is only to steal the innards and rebuild the stock body right? Yours looks to be non rebuildable since the brass tabs are sheered off. You need to buy both the 620 valve AND a used stock core from silky for this to work.

I ordered the 620 valve

Looking at the picture, I'm hoping the 620 valve is the same as 68' valve. (L shaped)

So if I pry those tabs open and mount it on the 68' assembly, that should work.

We will see

You understand the 620 heater valve is only to steal the innards and rebuild the stock body right? Yours looks to be non rebuildable since the brass tabs are sheered off. You need to buy both the 620 valve AND a used stock core from silky for this to work.

By pass the valve altogether. Run the pipes from the engine to the core. Yes is will have no adjustment but it's winter. Fix it next spring.

If its already cold there hell ya. If it happened to me in the winter it would be the 1st thing done lol.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.