Swapping seats

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

theres a lot of ways to do it.

how you mount it is going to depend on the height and angle you want it at ect.

bolt it down like the stock seat is. add spacers where deemed necessary for adjustment.

make sure you use big ass washers and lock washers.

its not a direct bolt it, its datsun stuff. it rarely is, but thats why you get creative.

240z

Before you hard mount the things .. take a test fit/sit in it .. all positions .. reclined ... slide back .. forward .. hips .. etc.. look around your blind spots and such.

some seats are much higher at the knees than others ..

Makes a big difference for some taller guys. Me I'm a short 5'8" , so difference isn't to much for me really.

Here's the seats I had mounted in my 240z. = http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-G1159-2/

They were pretty wide for the car .. but comfortable ! Needed lowered some to let the legs clear the stock steering-wheel , but mine had a smaller grant steering wheel so I didn't have that problem much. I'd definetly recommend lowering the seat mounting points below.

As far as the mount itself goes .. drill where you want , but make sure it will still be strong. Weld plating/tubing/install-adapters/etc if it calls for it.

Some people just bolt seats straight to 1-layer thick sheet-metal ... and go ... that would be a no-no lol.

If you're really tall ,,, just tilt n lower the seat mounts... wherever ..

no problem ! They're pretty wide/snug fit. I remember them slightly hitting the door panels .. even after I re-drilled out the seat rail mounts to offset the whole seat-rail assembly towards the center of the car. (more so than factory)

You should be able to score some of those seats locally on craigslist or something.

Local Napa is nice enough to let some people sit in the demo seats lol.