Need alternator source - 94 saturn W/ pulley retrofit!!!

I read in the forums about a 1994 Saturn bolt on replacement that can go directly to the battery one wire - (!) no drain when off - not spinning - 60A or better ( needed for trailer lights, etc...) alternator that can be made to bolt on to the spot where now resides my Hitachi crappy alternator in my 1983 Maxima wagon.. If anyone wants these old ones I have at least two - working but not strong enough at low idle etcetc.....

Please give either info on how, or a source with the serpentine belt pulley replaced by a nice small v-belt pulley and necessary details to make a successful retrofit of this idea - after wrestling this for over a year - I am game to try this and cannot wait to put charging issues behind me...

Also info on a kit for headlight relays and maybe even one for the windshield wipers ....

Just think, I can bolt my battery down finally instead of having to switch it out when it dies - windows will go up and down faster, high beams... Ahhh... Dreaming....

If someone is just willing to hook me up that is nice too...

peace,

flipster

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

89-90 Maxima Alternator. 90 Amps, just have the pulley changed out from serpentine to standard pulley. Had my swapped out at an Alternator shop. Should be able to use the old standard belt pulley from one of the Hitachis.

Note you may need the plug for that alternator, can also be gotten from alternator shop. Mine cost me $5.00, then just wired it into my B210, and its Internally Regulated like you Maxima should be. You may even already have the correct plug to the alternator as part of you wiring since its also a maxima.

• Like 1

ajen68510

thats alot of money for a GM alternator that usually goes for half theat price.

just ask them for the model number and we can make our own kits. THEY WONT TELL YOU

True it is. But it has a modified mount so it bolts right in.No, he won't tell u the model number,and i took it to alt repair guy and he said he could guess , but wan not sure , as the id badges internally had been removed. I would say he is very protective about the model he uses. I'm just saying its a alternative. I use one , and it works very well.

I do have one as well but all the numbers are gone. Its up in the rafters in the gagarge.

Its a perfect fit.No funnky adjustmant brackets to make ect.. Got it for 50$ from Icehouse who got it from soembody else who was hurting for cash that paid 200$

Unfortunately I still use the old ext reg 50ampers and have about 3 new of those also.2 of which as Nisssan units

Well, the thing does have an unusual mounting bracket fabricated for the purpose - but since we use the car and have to make the repair work on the spot I just decided to go with the bracket fabrication plan.. The 85' firebird alternator comes with the right pulley, costing a little more but saving a step ( about $75 ) I am sure I could have hunted harder for a proper fitting unit - but I decided to use what I got.

As for the connector, It just needed a standard female blade connector. I soldered it for extra reliability and in case of heat, etc.. Definitely soldered the connector to the power out - That terminal can get hot if everything is on and running ( rain - wipers/ defroster/ high beams )

http://thenovelsound...alter-retrofit/

I seem to only have time to work on this on weekends with school and 2 jobs & a sick canine.. ;-( But the alternator and bracket seem to be working happily!!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.