1965 L320 Clutch - original E1 motor & trans

The clutch in my 65 L320 has started slipping (I've driven it more in the past 6 months than it's been driven in the previous 20+ years). I'm still running the original E1 motor and trans.

Please PM me if you have, think you have or know of a source for clutch parts.

I'm open to sourcing parts from other makes/models if they work with slight modifications. I'm using an MGB intake at this time and perhaps there is an austin/mg/???? clutch kit that will work on an old Datsun E1 motor & trans.

Let me know.

Thanks!

Jason

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The clutch in my 65 L320 has started slipping (I've driven it more in the past 6 months than it's been driven in the previous 20+ years). I'm still running the original E1 motor and trans.

Please PM me if you have, think you have or know of a source for clutch parts.

I'm open to sourcing parts from other makes/models if they work with slight modifications. I'm using an MGB intake at this time and perhaps there is an austin/mg/???? clutch kit that will work on an old Datsun E1 motor & trans.

Let me know.

Thanks!

Jason

If you cannot find anything else, have your disc re-lined.

If you cannot find anything else, have your disc re-lined.

Thanks Wayno! I'll look into a service provider that does re-lining.

Any ideas on rebuilding the pressure plate & associated parts, e.g., levers and springs?

Source(s) for a throw-out bearing?

Thanks!

Jason

Didn't the E1 morph into the J series truck motors?

I agree, in that the E1 did morph into the J13, however not all stayed similar. The biggest difference in the clutches that I've found is that the E1 is 10 spline and the J13 is 24 spline. So, the discs themselves aren't shareable. I may be able to use pressure plate components from a 520.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.