280ZX strut dust boots?

LenRobertson

I grabbed a pair of 280ZX front struts for my '72 510. I didn't notice until I got them home that the rubber boot on one is torn. Any chance the boot from my stock 510 strut will work as a replacement? I took a quick look last night by flashlight inside the boot and the strut rod looks clean and shiny, although I want to look at that more closely. There is another ZX I can get a strut from and return this one if I have to. But that is a bunch of trouble if my 510 boot will work.

Len

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

datzenmike - Thanks for the quick reply. Using a 510 boot will be much easier than removing and taking apart another strut at P&S just to get a boot. They had a couple of RWD Maximas I'd thought of as boot donors, but I'm glad I don't have to do that. I probably will go back Saturday and grab that other set of ZX struts. I hate to think of them going to the crusher. I can probably trade them toward body work on my 510 anyway. Also plan to grab a 280Z or ZX master cylinder. I should have thought of that when I was there yesterday.

Len