fwd ka help

king bee66

hey ratsun brothers, im trying to nail down this oil leak in my altima, before anyone says this isnt a nissan forum or this isnt a fwd forum, know that ive already tried these places but it seems nowhere is as active as ratsun, waiting for a response like waiting for water to boil.

Ipp30.jpg

the red line indicates where the oil is mainly coming from. i recently replaced the valve cover gasket and can confirm its not leaking from there. im thinking the o-ring because its right around the dizzy but why would that go bad?

i did an oil change yesterday and went to replace the oilpan gasket while i was down there and to my annoyance, there was no gasket, just that red gasket sealer shit. so whos to say want else the PO did to this motor

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The o-ring gets hard after years of hot cold hot cold, just like any other rubber part. It should be available separately from Nissan. Usually a couple bucks.

Pull the cap off, note general location of the rotor button, I.E. up, down, front , back. there is just a flat slot in the cam so no "timing" to deal with.

The slot is off to one side and the dist will only go in one way easily, don't force it!!! Get a new o-ring, pull dist out, note location of bolts holding dist to head, they are slotted, replace o-ring, clean any old crud in dist hole of head, lube new o-ring and slide it back together.

before anyone says this isnt a nissan forum or this isnt a fwd forum

when has anyone ever said that.

we have plenty of sentras and the like here. even if they are wrong wheel drive :rofl:

and Ratsun members have given the answer to plenty of non nissan questions all the time.

i

when has anyone ever said that.

we have plenty of sentras and the like here. even if they are wrong wheel drive :rofl:

and Ratsun members have given the answer to plenty of non nissan questions all the time.

i said that only because someone gave me shit about it last time i posted a question.

but say what you may about it being a fwd, it has great pick up, and most people that drive with me comment on how well it handles.