cjzeppy

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you should definitely spend the $20ish on this book

tumblr_m8ptjr6Cnk1qe7x6po2_500.jpg

i wouldnt buy any parts just yet (bearings, pistons, piston rings, and a few others)

until youve had all your parts measured.

so far ive torn down the engine, next step is to take block in to have the bores measured to see if they need a rebore

which will decide if i need new pistsons/rings, gotta have the bearing journals measured to see if they have to be

aligned/bored/honed (which will determine bearing sizes,) gotta have the crank measured to see if its reusable, and

if it needs to be ground, etc

gotta have the deck measured (with a straightedge) to see if it needs to be decked (resurfaced.)

and with all that ill see what parts i need for the bottom half. havent broken down the head yet.

I would also like to know if you find L18 pistons. I might have my L16 block bored and was thinking of going to the 85mm L18 pistons. I am still doing my research and shopping around for parts. All I found were some at rock auto but would like to see what else is out there if you find a good source. Here is a link to the ones I saw.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1818882&cc=1210048

I don't see a price any more. I wasn't too sure about them in the first place. I had never heard anything about DNJ