'79 Citrus 280ZX For Sale - probably no big deal

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe fewer than 100 or so were made, it even made on some old movies like, the incredible shrinking woman, things are tough all over & t.j. hooker. I seen one other one on craigslist in the bay area a while back but it had black hub cabs and matching green interior parts.

So there's one on the West Coast (possibly the Midori?) and mine on the East Coast. Could an upset of this delicate balance be what the Mayans had in mind? The factory colors were Citrus outside and Black inside, so maybe there's a clone running around.

I doubt there's a clone unless someone really loved that color, I'm not a big fan of the color but because it's factory I would leave it the way it is. These are more rare than 10th anniversary 1980 Black & Red or Black & Gold around 2000 of those were made and 500 of those were the black & red I believe. Also the 79 280zx-R are rare too but on the west coast I've seen like almost 10 of them and they made 1001 of those. The only thing I have of a 280zx-R that I was lucky to buy is the rear whale tail spoiler that was never installed.

You know, the rarity and the ballsiness of the color really grows on you. I'm serious! I've gotten such an attitude around high-end frou-frou cars in my area, and only an unaltered Porsche 356 humbled me. When I drive my Honda Oddyssey, it's like being invisible.

Did I happen to mention I'd trade it for a light colored Goldwing? I've had a recurring dream about a light colored Goldwing.

I know of a guy who use to come get a drink back when I was a bartender who told me he picked up a goldwing that was sitting at a shitty motel for almost a year and he picked It up.

Found another ZX but this one needs work asking price is a bit much.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/3231150867.html

Hey 541, thanks for the link.

I just called the # and talked to the now former owner for over an hour. He sold the car to a guy named Don who lives in San Francisco area.

Interesting factoid: Datsun ran out of engine blocks in '79 and didn't have enough to cover orders. They substituted Mercedes blocks to fill the order, but ONLY put that engine in the Citrus Green models since there was a smaller demand for that particular color. Not all of the Citrus Greens have a Benz motor (mine does NOT), but the one 541 posted supposedly did, the former owner tells me.

Hmm that's interesting, you really won't know if it was true until you see it. As far as I know no way Datsun shared engines with any other manufacture it could have been aftermarket swap. I know Benz had a straight 6 with the same displacement as the Datsun L6.

lol I had an old datsun guy try and tell me there was no such thing as an L26 before, after I mentioned thats what I had in my Z.

he swore up and down there was no such thing..... I had to show him the stamp on the block.

Iv heard lots of storys from old POs ect that are whimsical and ignorant.

show me pics of the motor with the matching numbers body tag and Ill believe it,

until then hes just another dude tellin storys.

cuz thers a lot of those

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.