510 heater core

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex doesn't have one?? I think your 1972 will be the later one (1971-1973)..........both heater core tubes come out of the case on the left side facing the firewall (not 69-71 with one tube on the left, one tube on the right), and the wire harness plastic plug only has 3 wires + 1 additional "loose" wire off to the side (not 69-71 with 4 wires in the plug).

Regardless, you should also rebuild your heater valve! The 510 valve is NLA, so buy a 620 Pickup valve from Nissan, and rebuild your 510 valve using the guts of the new 620 valve.

Sorry, I don't have a spare heater core, but hope the info helps!

Well it's for a 71 wagon. But it's a really early wagon if that helps any.

I haven't taken the old one out yet but it started to leak all over my floors a month ago so we just bypassed it for now but I'm getting ready to finish the floors and seal them so figured it would be a good time to do it

Alex doesn't have one?? I think your 1972 will be the later one (1971-1973)..........both heater core tubes come out of the case on the left side facing the firewall (not 69-71 with one tube on the left, one tube on the right), and the wire harness plastic plug only has 3 wires + 1 additional "loose" wire off to the side (not 69-71 with 4 wires in the plug).

Regardless, you should also rebuild your heater valve! The 510 valve is NLA, so buy a 620 Pickup valve from Nissan, and rebuild your 510 valve using the guts of the new 620 valve.

Sorry, I don't have a spare heater core, but hope the info helps!

And no alex doesn't have any left he sold one and just gave one to Ryan's friend who has that 4door

Stick your head down under the drivers side, and see if the core tubes coming out of the box are right next to each other, or one on left, one on right. If it's the earlier one with the tubes coming out of the box spread apart, I've got quite a few of those (just no spares of the later ones!), and can ship it. I don't think you can swap them, cuz the control cables are different between the early and the late. Let me know!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.