New guy introduction

Oldmasterzhu

Hello everyone, I just picked up my first 240z and I wanted to join this forum so I can learn more about my car. I've been lurking around here and other datsun forums for a while so why not join? I'm going to need everyone's expertise because I'm a newb on budget and I want to restore the 240z to its former glory :thumbup: . So with that being said feel free to hit me up if you're down to have a few beers and school me on my datsun lol. I'll need the help.

I bought my Z from a guy in the army who left the car in a storage unit for a while so rust is minimal...except for the lower panels lol.

Rust is the same on the other side as well.

rust3.jpg

rust1.jpg

Here's a couple of shots of the car

DSC00439.jpg

DSC00440.jpg

Besides the rust the only other thing that is wrong with it is that its automatic

I got the car for cheap and it came with a cherry bomb exhaust with pirelli tires. It supposedly only has 61,xxx miles on it and it has all its service receipts from the previous owners.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought my Z from a guy in the army who left the car in a storage unit for a while so rust is minimal...except for the lower panels lol.

Rust is the same on the other side as well.

rust3.jpg

rust1.jpg

Here's a couple of shots of the car

DSC00439.jpg

DSC00440.jpg

Besides the rust the only other thing that is wrong with it is that its automatic

I got the car for cheap and it came with a cherry bomb exhaust with pirelli tires. It supposedly only has 61,xxx miles on it and it has all its service receipts from the previous owners.

I would say you got a good deal. Beware the Z car... they can have major rust issues you can't see. Hopefully this isn't the case here.

Its typical to have rust there. At the cowl there is a drain tube on each side. You guessed it. It drains right into the bottom of the fender. There is a nice pocket there to catch leaves and dirt, which hold water. Then rust sets in. What was a small drain hole at the bottom of the fender get clogged and a new drain hole is what you have there. Easy fix. Bad part? There is a frame rail there at that same location behind the fender that can be corroded away, and should be repaired. Nice car, doesnt look to bad at all. Good find.

Thanks for the welcoming :). I like the look of the bumpers that came with the car even though everyone keeps telling me to get the japanese bumper. I think it will go good with the type one air dam. Thanks for the heads up on the frame rails too, I have to check for rust there in the morning.

Just take the fenders and headlight surround off as one piece, when you go to look. If you have a hole in the frame, you need to rust treat the inside of the rail then patch it up, done. There are patch panels available for the fenders, or just find some metal and patch it. Keep the bumpers, they look good. Funny, but in Japan they are using american rims, and importing big bumper 280zs, and here the kids want the Jap stuff.