521 White Seatbelts and Black Seatbelts Anyone know?

I have recently opted to change out my white seat belts for black in my 521. And they will soon be for sale. My question is, are the white seat belts less frequently seen than the black? What colour seat belts did red 521's come equipped with from factory Nissan? Any information you have would be appreciated gents,

thank you!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The white is more rare from what I've seen. All 3 of my 521's have black belts which would have been factory brown, light blue, green.

The belts are not interchangeable. I recently bought a set of white belts out of the red 521 seen below that also had a red seat.

Also there is a little spring loaded push pin on the underside of the latch so you can take the belt off the latch. It's not easy.

SANY6254.jpg

dang man you guys are awesome. Thank you so much! Yeah you may be right. My 521 is a 1969 and has white belts. Imma check the year on the back of the belts. Yeah the black ones I have are dated 1971. I know what you mean about them being hard to unlatch. Maybe just add some grease or WD40? I'll probable respray the black ones black again as much of the paint has chipped off. These belts are much better looking than the 620 belts IMO. But the 620 also had retractable ones later on...