For those of you into nasa/space shuttles/etc

So, the Endeavour is supposed to come live at the California Science Center at the end of october. To get there, its going to be towed 13 miles through Inglewood from lax to the center (down manchester to crenchaw to the center) on Oct 12 and 13. What really made me go holy shit was the amount of power lines/trees/streetlights they said would have to be moved to clear the 78 foot wingspan! That, and how often will you see a huge plane cruising down a city street?

http://www.collectsp...ws-080812a.html

• Like 1
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been to the national space museum in Huntsville Alabama a few times. There is a replica space shuttle there and it is crazy huge. It is a really cool place you can see all of the old used space capsules. They even have a junk yard full of spent rocket boosters. I love that stuff, i haven't been there in a few years i should go next time i go visit the family.

That would be pretty cool to see.

When I came to the USA a couple of years ago, amongst the many places we visited was Washington DC including the Smithsonian Air and Space museum.

Awesome stuff overall, and a great display of American space exploration history!

Both of my inlaws had a lifetime career at KSC. Pop retired about 10 years ago, mom is still working to close one facility down. Titusville is like a dead ghost town these days. They have all of the patches, pictures, pin's caps and things that were handed out to employees of NASA from Mercury to the Shuttle. One day, me or the kids will have a huge collection "My Pretty". KSC and Huntsville are some of my favorite places ever, and I pity those of you who have never experienced a launch in person. Blitz, if you pass on being on the street when this takes place, you will regret it for life! You gotta go, and post pictures of the space bus on the street. A datto in the frame would be very special!

When I was 13 I put a big mural of the space shuttle on my bedroom wall, looked like the one below. I thought it was pretty cool back then.

Somebody needs to park their Datsun at the end of a side street along the route and snap of picture of their car with the space shuttle in the back ground.

091030e.jpg

I was always so into astronomy or become a astronaut as a kid, I would love to get back into it I knew so much back then.

On another note did you guys hear about the Phoenix super cluster astronomers found? It forms around 740 stars a year, like 2+ stars a day compared to a our milky way galaxy 1-2 stars a year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxuX_WwMqxc&sns=em