Sorry Not A Datsun - FS 1966 Volvo 122s

I bought this car off my friend because he was going to scrap it. I really like this car but I'm needing the money to put towards the 620.

1966 Volvo 122s, B20 motor dual carbs, 4 speed manual, front disk brakes

Good - Runs, drives, stops, not too bad rust wise, have factory wheels and dog dish hub caps (wheels in the pics don't go with the car just factory, heat works,

Bad - it needs rear stabilizing arms on both sides (arms that hold the rear end straight), transmission mount either broke or rusted off the car, needs alternator, engine needs taken out and all new gaskets (leaks alot of oil), a rear brake line is blown, unhooked the line in the back and put a brass plug so it would use only front brakes, all the factory wheels are not true, rear bumper rusted off, etc.

Before I bought this car, it had been sitting in a garage for 7 years. It took me a couple days to get it running. I drove it about 1000 miles the way it is until the alternator stopped charging. It never got warn, never spit or sputtered, just cruised right down the road. My attempts at fixing it possibly killed the alternator. Someone had already messed around with the charging system, some wires were burnt, I started replacing them but hooked a wire up wrong and heard a snap in the alternator.

This is a really cool car, if I had money I'd fix this car up, along with my 7 other cars but I'm just poor and unemployed at the moment. I just talked to my friend I got the car from, and he told me to sell it. I've been debating on what to do with it, not that I want to get rid of it, just really hurting for money. I really wanted to flat black this car, with chrome rims, leave all the chrome, and just cruise it.

I want $1500 for the car as is the way it sits. There is a battery in it and it wont go with the car, but its a bump the key and fires up ready to put on a trailer. I know its worth that or at least it is in this area, there is a ruff volvo 122s on craigslist for 800$, motor is disassembled and in the trunk.

If you want this car, I wouldn't wait too long, as soon as I start messing with it again, I may not be willing to sell it anymore.

IMG_0802.jpg

IMG_0801.jpg

IMG_0800.jpg

IMG_0799.jpg

IMG_0798.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

2011-08-16202703.jpg

2011-08-16202617.jpg

2011-08-14201211.jpg

2011-08-16202549.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I drive by a house every day that has about 5 of these in their drive way in different stages of condition. I think they still DD the one, which is something when living in the salt belt!! I always thought they were cool looking cars! GLWS

I would also consider a trade on a 510 2door, 4 door, or wagon... in about the same condition as the volvo, may be minus engine / transmission but interior has to be there

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.