510 Body Panels (Quarters, rockers, floor)

I'm looking for some body panels for my '72 510 2 door. The fenders, doors, and roof can be salvaged. The major pieces I need are the quarters, floor, and rockers. The trunk lid and hood are rusted underneath, but the tops are ok to repaint. I'm not worried on finishing this on a deadline, so this thread could stay open for a while. If you have any parts from the North East, mid west, or southern part of the country let me know. Thanks!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been a very interesting thread..........

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/45385-reproduction-510-sheet-metal/

The 510 suffers from lack of new sheetmetal panels being available at this point, and I sure hope the Aussies step up to do that. But most importantly, they will need to set up a distributor here in the USA, cuz shipping large sheetmetal panels from AU simply isn't economical.

For the rocker panels, I cut a 2 inch wide section out of my rocker panel, took it to a local sheetmetal shop, and they made a really nice piece, from that 2 inch cross section! The aftermarket rocker panels that I have seen are awful, and do not fit well at all. OEM panels are NLA, and expensive when you find them!

There are two guys on the forum that sell floor pans. They are not OEM style, but they are good patch panels.

The rear lower 1/4 panel patches from Wolf Steel/Alfa Auto Parts in Canada are awful, and do not fit well at all. Although I have not put my hands on the Aussie's patch panel, the picture alone looks ten fold better! Spend the extra money, and buy the Aussie panels!

Well I might have a rocker coming soon, and I could make a duplicate. I'm not expecting to restore this car until next year over the winter, so that gives the Aussies plenty of time to establish themselves in the states.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.