project meticulous 210!

Alright so I figure what the hell ill start a thread on my car and try and keep up on frequent updates. Here is what I got, it's an 81' 210 bought it for 350 and been driving since, it did need a tune up so i threw on a new cap n rotor changed pluges, wires, oil change, valve cover gasket, new rotors and drums also pads and shoes and got the exhaust fixed up, also replaced that front left strutt assembly. All said and done I have 850 into it including the car..........for now but i get a whopping 40 mpg with the A-15 and thats a huge savings for me considering i was driving my f-250 before that! SO here is some pics enjoy...tell me what you think also not sure what im doing with a paint scheme yet but it will be a worthy Ratsun!

th_photo19.jpgth_photo18.jpgth_IMG_0123.jpg?t=1343422714th_IMG_0126.jpg?t=1343327440th_IMG_0118.jpg?t=1343327345

More pics and projects to come.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So today i got a wild hair and figured it was time for new valve seals and to adjust them afterward, thanks to the how to forums i got this done with no service manual, im cheep i know i need the book, took me all of three hours from start to finish, here is some pics!th_photo21.jpgth_photo20.jpgth_photo22.jpg

nice!, are you sure you need to rebuild the bottom end?

If it smokes when you're on the gas pedal, it's rings. If it smokes on decel, it's valve guides and/or stem seals(more common of the two).

If it smokes only after it's been sitting, chances are it's most likely the valve stem seals, but could be the valve guides.. what happens is, the oil runs down the valves after it's been sitting, then burns off as soon as you start it up. It's easy to nick the edge of a valve stem seal when putting it on, which is why they come with the little plastic boot to put over the top of the valve. Is there a chance one of them was damaged?

alright so i wanna buy new valves where do i get performance valves for an a15, i may even do a how to on reaming valve guides, ive been around tools and machinery my whole life so i think i can pull this off, if not i cant hurt much except the old valve guides right? what performance valves is recommended for an a15?

So today my 210 stops idling, look under the hood and notice gas leaking from some of the carb gaskets and the fuel in the glass was at the top, so i figure the float is sticking and i got some bad leaks so i go buy a carb rebuild kit to get her back in tip top shape. Easier said then done!!!! it is a F***ing pain in the ass to get a carb off an A-15, it would be quicker for me to pull the damn motor to get this carb off then struggle like I am then again maybe im just to flustered at this point who knows.

Meticulous, I posted this in reply to your question about how to post normal size photos from Photobucket in your Weber carb thread too:

When you're looking at your album of photos, just hover of the thumbnail and when the drop down appears, click on the IMG code box. It will auto copy for you, and then just paste here.