My new ratsun 720

schassisowner

Just picked up this little truck two weeks ago... it was sitting for two years and needed a new exhaust which was included in the sale. final price 750; which is pretty low for a truck this age in the northeast. it needs some bugs worked out but after a new battery, exhaust installed and inspection I'm happy just cruising...

this thing is surprisingly rust free.... the frame only has a few small spots and the cab has one hole that isn't too bad or even noticeable. The motor only has 130k miles and runs ok; but i think it has a bad vacuum leak as it idles funny especially when cold. The starter was replaced but i don't think its clocked right, or the aftermarket starter is crappy because it skips teeth on the flywheel from time to time.

The interior is awful, but i probably am not going to spend a whole lot to clean it up... just replace whats broken and eventually get a radio.

This will be my daily except for when it snows, and something to haul parts around for my real project; my mx32 cressida.

ok enough babble pics :)

DSCN1216.jpg

DSCN1215.jpg

DSCN1217.jpg

DSCN1218.jpg

thanks yall

• Like 1
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

figured out that I just forgot to tighten the alternator ground and it killed the battery.... lol

the carb is really starting to make driving it tough, it idles horribly a stoplights where you pretty much have to give it gas to keep it alive. When you are cruising at 40 it runs great..... also I have a squealing noise from the front of the truck... I replaced the alt belt but I still hear it intermittently.

overall Im very happy with the truck... just needs some more love