81 honda cb650 project finally underway

this has been the longest standing project ever. as they all do it started leaking between the head and block. i dissembled it and many months later lost all the hardware to it. many years later i found them hiding in a coffee can in a obscure part of my dads garage. so about 4 years ago i was inspired/motivated by a neighbor and had the head and block/juggs bead blasted. 2 years ago i'm trying to get my friend to use his shop at work to mill and hone to specs. i never saw the parts again. he moved and left behind everything he had. crap

fast forward to last week i bought a wrecked cb650 right down the street. i noticed a guy on ebay starting to part it out after i clicked the distance button. picked the bike up with my 521 of coarse. all i have to do is swap the engines,do some carb work,and minor electrical. the bottom part of the frame comes off to slide the engine right out of the right side of the frame.

so maybe sometime in the next month or two i'll have it ready to ride. i will have the engine out this weekend. lately my friend rob has been motivating me. he has a 2007/8 ninja.:eek: he told me to sell all my cars and buy a bike. i told him i would get this thing back on the road and keep my rides. i would just want to buy a low mile older bike anyway.

10 years in the making.:mad: but alsa the light is shinning.:)

re100_2015.jpg

re100_2012.jpg

re100_2019.jpg

re100_2014.jpg

re100_2029.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Neat project! I've always wanted an old, one lung BMW r20 series bike. Some day.

But making a old school bobber out of a japanese bike sounds fun too!

got the engine pulled out tonight. nice following on the honda sohc 4 engines on sohc4.com.

i wanted to take a pic but my camera batteries went dead. seems to be an ongoing problem with this camera.:mad:energizer lithium, duracell cr?? rechargable's they all die. last year the duracell's would last for monthes.

Guest jaimesix

Cool project. That is a cool Honda. It has Comstar wheels like my bike. Comstars are cool. Hope you get it running soon. I ould not live without a bike.....nor w/o a car...I got to have them both, or else I get bored to death!

I ride my bike....then later on switch to the car.....then to my other car...then back to the bike.....that is life!!!

Actually I am looking for a second bike.....need more variety. Like cars, I like older bikes and I like to fix them up to my specs.

Here a couple pictures of my 82 CB750F.

2445965_133_full.jpg

2445965_136_full.jpg

Check out this cool Honda 400 twin cylinder cafe racer...

2445965_31_full.jpg

Jaime._____________________________________________________