WRX seat swap into a 510

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

i actually have the seats out of a WRX in my 510, i didnt take the airbags out but i guess i should since they arent connected. regardless i used the rails from the subie and just made holes onto my floor and one in my tranny tunnel since one the the rails bolts on sideways. my seats came from a '03 and i can post pics of them tonight when i get home from work and have a chance to take pics.

All I did was cut off the mounting brackets (easier said than done) and welded some tabs for flush mounting. The seats will be mounted directly to the floor behind the bracket that the front stock mounts attach to. I had to did it this way due to how high the seats are and being able to clear a helmet. I will add reinforced metal to the mounting locations. I didn't want to weld the seats in because I may install a true racing seat in the future. I ended up having to remove the seat mount that was integrated into the cage. It was way to high for me, even with a racing seat without cushioning. I will install the seats when I'm done with the welding for the reinforcements and rust rot fixes.

DSC00185.jpg

DSC00186.jpg

DSC00188.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

i have those exact seats but im sure you may alreqady know they sit wide on the car so reclining can only be done when my doors are open, the way i did it was using the seat rails from the WRX so flush mounting them like you are might solve that problem,

sorry i couldnt post up any pics my computer is having trouble uploading them for some reason but i took them, message me your phone number if you can recieve pic messages and i can text them to you. sorry for the late response, ive been pretty busy trying to figure out how to install AC in this thing lol.

get at me asap, ill try my best to accomodate. nice ride btw looks like its getting a lot of love

• 4 weeks later...

I would advise reinforcing the sheet metal where you guys are mounting these. Just drilling holes and bolting them in is poor design. There are good reasons even on thin metal datsuns the seats are mounted to angled and or layered sheet metal stock.

• 2 weeks later...

I would advise reinforcing the sheet metal where you guys are mounting these. Just drilling holes and bolting them in is poor design. There are good reasons even on thin metal datsuns the seats are mounted to angled and or layered sheet metal stock.

That is my plan. I already have some pieces cut up ready to weld in. Just haven't got around to it yet. I still haven't tagged the car but this will be done before I drive it on the road. Yes, you have to drill into the floor boards.

That is my plan. I already have some pieces cut up ready to weld in. Just haven't got around to it yet.

Cool, cool, better safe then sorry and all that lol. There are a lot of horror stories out there.