Noob door question

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

620 body panels are fully interchangeable. There are MINOR differences between 72-74 and later doors, most notably how the inner panels fit (early ones have a rail on top the panel slides into, later ones don't) and there are fairly rare 1979 "Deluxe" doors that have a very different inner panel design and integrate the inner squeegee with the panel.

The bolt-on parts are the same- doors, fenders, valence, hood, tailgate. The cab structure has changes in 1975 to the core support, then in '76 which moved the external B-pillar vent to the area between the door hinges. The King Cab rear window is different than the Standard cab.

• 1 month later...

I have a 79 620 KC pickup I got a few months ago. . Last weekend I picked up some really nice blue un-cut door panels to replace mine that have empty speaker holes, and to look better than the "grandpa" plaid cloth material that disintegrated out of the middle insert. Luckily they were thrown in and didn't cost me anything on a dash deal along with a set of rubber door squeeges on a complete dash purchase. Thinking I didn't need the door squeeges I gave them to a nice guy with a 620 PU who's had rotted away.

When I got them home they are smaller in height than the existing ones I have on my truck. They appear to match your "deluxe" door panel description, although there are no "Deluxe" emblems on my truck. There seems to be a rubber door squeege on the outside of the door window, but there is a felt type squeege attached to the inner door panel. I don't know if there was originally a plastic washer around the door lock pin or not, as I have seen some on later model sedans.

620Deluxedoorpanel1.jpg

620Deluxedoorpanel2.jpg