Windsccreen issues

620Soldier

When I got my glorious 620, she wasn't in the best of shape. She was rolled on the highway just before it came into my care. The beast of a rear bumper seems to have saved her and minimized damage considerably. However the front passenger arm for the windscreen is a bit bent or twisted inward. I'm looking for any tips on how to fix this other than beating the crud out of it with a sledge or heating the arm too much. This isn't something that I will be tending to immediately, seeing as how everything is still within a safe tolerance for the time being. I'm not much concerned about the door or fender, just replacing them out-rite.

IMAG0091.jpg

IMAG0094.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not from across the pond are you? :rolleyes:

If you mean the windshield wiper arm,you can get those on Ebay or in the jy. Nice truck!

And you might want to fix the door.

Maybe you were too distracted with someone who has Oregon listed as his location using the term windscreen, but when he refers to the "front passenger arm for the windscreen" being bent or twisted, I think he's talking about the actual frame of the windshield/windscreen/whatthefuckeveryouwanttocallit.

620-1.jpg

You're not from across the pond are you? :rolleyes:

If you mean the windshield wiper arm,you can get those on Ebay or in the jy. Nice truck!

And you might want to fix the door.

LOL, not from across the pond. Too much UK Top Gear. Bonnet and such. DatWifey has it right.

I've been storming on it for a bit, and so far I have come up with mounting a c-clamp at the mid part where the bend starts, and then one up top. After that, slide a long ass bar of some kind into the clamps and wrench like a beast. Or hook it to some kind of I-beam on a building or anything anchor-able, and hauling backwards. I don't have much experience with things like this. Hopefully I can tac that seem after I get everything straight. (If I can) I'm pretty close to just taking it to a body shop though.