Naps Z24 temperature sending unit

Spades

I am finally getting around to swapping over my ported out Z24 manifold onto my ratsun. I was running a Z20S manifold until I could get the Z24 one polished up. I ran into a snag, the gauge temp sender for a '72 L16 would fit into a Z20S manifold, but it appears the manifold I have for the Z24 may have been from an '86 720 with a fuel injected Z24, and this temperature sender will not fit in this manifold, it is too long.

Does anyone know if my suspicions are correct, and that the sender I am after is the single wire for an '86, like this one:

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1005955

Or is it a different one? Did Nissan change the impedence? Will my gauge still work or am I screwed?

Also...if this is the manifold for an '86 like I suspect, with the weber adapter plate for the Z24 even work (since it says not for fuel injected applications)?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

#25080-89900 is the Nissan part number for the Z24 temp sender. There is only one listed. It also fits every Datsun and Nissan from '62 on up but I know the L series has a terminal post and not a spade connector like the one pictured.

Here is my temp sender from an '80 200sx Z20E intake... lower right corner. I'll bet the Z24 is the same and the Rock Auto one shown is just a generic picture.

720EFIstuff007Large2.jpg

If it does not fit perhaps you are looking at the wrong sender on the manifold??

edit: Well I went out and checked my Z24 intake and the sender IS different...

Z24intakegasketLarge.jpg

But as the part number is the same and I have run a 720 dash in a 620 (with L20B) and the temp gauge worked perfectly I would just loose the L sender and get the proper Z24 sender. Done..

i found out what the deal was yesterday when I finished up with the install. Turns out the sender sleeve is longer on my 510 unit, but the shoulder seats just fine. it sealed up no problem, just to be safe I used teflon tape on the threads and re-installed it. Turns out the senders I could find from O'riellys and Napa would not fit right.

The manifold is installed and my gauges all work, no leaks or issues with using the Z20 parts. I did have to get a different weber adapter, but it is on and working well. The car runs much better now that it has a port matched manifold.