need help with a short =( .. popping flasher fuse

hows it goin guys, sorry i didnt look around first but im really trying to fix this issue before saturday so i can drift at the k.r.o.p.s. event at adams

kart track. well a week ago i lost all my gauges on the fwy and stopped off at an autozone. my dime is a 72 by the way, and has a single cam

swap but with all the stock wiring still intact (wanted to make sure it all worked before cutting stuff out) and the flasher fuse was blown.

replaced it, blew as soon as i turned the key. an hour earlier i had moved the wiring that runs across the bottom of the core support ( ign coil

and d/s light wiring) but just off the holder tabs and back on, nothing crazy. when it pops i lose temp and fuel gauges, turnsignals and

emergency flashers, charge,oil, and park brake lights... it doesnt always blow it right away, but where i have it parked right now it does.... wiring

coming through firewall is unchaffed... ive looked under the dash and all connections are tight and undamaged... all plugs coming in from

engine bay are also fine... i have not taken apart the column cover, but dont feel its anything in there.. . electrical is not my friend. .. my next

step is to unwrap the 40 year old wiring in the engine bay and check every wire individually =( .. anyone had similar issue or know where i

should check instead? thanks for your help guys!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Datsunaholic: you just fixed my car from way the fuck over there!!! Thank you! =D jacked the car up and got underneath, found the connector to the reverse light switch in side my x member w a wire frayed! Pulled it outout and put in a new Sure enough, worked. Great! Just to confirm i put the wires. To ground and bam! Popped the fuse