figured out my MPG issue

Newkid

Well I've been getting crap gas mileage on my truck, talked to my gf grandpa, who I bought the truck from and he told me he had a place rebuild the carb becuz it wouldn't idle correctly even after warming up he still had an idling issue, so what they did was stuck bigger jets in the carb to get it to run but now im getting worst gas mileage than my blazer, so what can I do put the correct size jets back in it to see I can get it to idle properly or buy an aftermarket carb, I wud rather prefer not having to buy another oem carb but being that I live in cali, I can't put an aftermarket carb on it either which sucks, so what do u guys think??

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The DCH340-95 Cal. manual carb should have a 101 primary jet (#16033-U6810) and a 158 secondary. All I could find was the 160 jet (#16033-U6705) but as this is only used at higher speeds and heavy throttle and the fact that richer is safer than leaner, it should do.