WTB Dogleg starter mounting bolts

I just complete the Dogleg swap this past weekend and the starter bolts are different than the OEM 510. The 510's starter mounts are right through the bell housing and fastened with a bolt & nut, the Dogleg has the threading in the bell housing.

- I've tried the usual Datsun bolts but they all seem to be slightly too small in diameter.

- I tried Nissan, and they've identified it as PN 23480M4900. However, it"s not in stock and they want $14 each!

- I tried online and the price is more reasonable but shipping is $20+. icon_surprised.gif

Any chance one of you guys have a spare set I can purchase?

thanks

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info guys.

It's not the same as a tranny bolt because when I tried it there was still some play in both the top and bottom mounts. It's almost like the tranny bolt are 1/4 mm too narrow.

I've thought of Crappy Tire, but I don't want to experiment with different bolts and potentially strip the threads within the bell housing.

Surely someone has a spare set somewhere or on a junker?

Really? Because that is how my dogleg is... My spare headbolts (M10x1.5) screw into the block, and they screw into the starter mounts.

I really doubt anyone would have these bolts separate.

try an assortment of bolts. It will be metric unless someone retapped it (that would be a nightmare).

I'm with Mike on that.

All the transmission bolts should be the same size, including the start bolts. MAY be a different length.

FWIW I used tranny bolts for starter bolts on my L16. And I used tranny bolts for the starter on my L20B, one was a little longer though.

If they are a different SIZE, then it's been drilled and tapped. Pretty sure all trans bolts are M10.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.