Best type of sparkplugs for 1.4L engine?

1arky

I know copper is the best conducter the newer platunum stuff last longer but is not the best conductor.The original owner installed champion platunum plugs,but I was wonding what you guys think I should run for best gas milage,smooth idle all around.I was thinking on NGK or Bosh copper.Thanks charles

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

datsun= ngk's there are 2 things i never compromise on with the datto and that is ngk plugs and castrol oil

You are compromising choosing the castrol oil. Not enough ZDDP...in any oil they make...

But yes, NGK is the spark plug to use.

i am sold on synthetic mobil 1 oil, but the plugs up in the air and it looks as if NGK is winning.See you guys are from Oregon,nice state been there your luck but it ok here in arkansas too,I like the many fishing lakes here.I have many auto's my 4 acr's looks like a car lot.

I use Champion plugs. They last a very long time in my Datsun A-series engine.

Platinum is far better than copper. With copper, you need to regap the plugs every 12k miles/12 months, but with platinum you don't because they don't wear the gap much. Double-platinum will last 10 years without re-gapping but they are very spendy and few new cars use double-platinum (a few new cars use double-plat). With electronic ignition the plugs won't foul either.

You can tell by removing the plugs and inspecting. Check the gap. if they are tan or soft white, they are doing well.