510 auto-to-manual clutch hyd line!

yenpit

I've spent a l'il time using the "search", but haven't found anything yet, as everybody uses different terminology for stuff! I'll keep looking, but any info to save time & hassle would be appreciated!

1968-1973 510 AUTO-to-MANUAL swap, need to "build" a clutch hyd line from the clutch master, along the firewall, down to the "L" bracket where the rubber clutch slave hose is. Engine compartment is as stock, full of components bolted to the firewall, so forming a hard line (like the factory) is a serious pain in the ass! I'm getting parts ready to do the swap, and this looks like the last piece that I can do ahead of time. I've already mounted a new clutch master, and want to run the hard line down to the bracket BEFORE I dig in, to save some time with the car on my buddys lift.

I have heard rumors that guys have used an eBay flexible 240SX (??) stainless steel braided clutch hose, but haven't found any info yet. What are people doing?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TJ,

I used one from a 240SX on my VG car. Fits great and it was a decent price too.

I bought this one on ebay. He has a make offer option so I offered $30 and he accepted it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/89-98-240SX-S13-S14-1-piece-Stainless-Steel-clutch-line-/150491965764?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item230a052944&vxp=mtr#ht_2138wt_1199

Dave, I knew I had just talked to somebody about the 240SX flex line, but just couldn't remember...........gettin' old I guess!! I sat down with another beer last night, took a deep breath, bent, twisted, wriggled & weaved the new hard line into place, so all is good.