Re-re Ratty Starion

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ya me and my friend with the starion are going, also is there any ratsun meets down there that week end wouldn't mind going to one!

Well they were going strong at sonic in Medford but then people stopped showing up, there's one meet in grants pass once a month I won't know until one of the guys over there make a post.

Usually the first Saturday of the month but I've only went once, I can't make it out there cause my car needs work and right now I'm low on cash so until I get it running for long distance I'll get out there. I'm actually trying to sell it or trade it for another Datsun.

• 3 weeks later...

Sad news...I actually ended up getting rid of the car and engine. The car was too far gone after looking further into it. I more or less got screwed on the deal and all I had was an engine....which had no oil pressure :/

But the car needed everything, from brakes, to lines, to hoses, to bushings, tie rods ends, and a steering column. Which if it had a nice body it would've been worth fixing, but it was too far gone. Car went to someone who cut it up and pulled the engine, which is fine by me. I was actually sick after I looked more into it :/

Also, the engine was a mystery, that pump was good, and at $350, I couldn't stomach buying another on top of the $150 worth of gaskets to tear it all down again, I was, and am not now, in the situation to be doing all that. And a used pump...well that's risky.

I'll get another and it'll be a nice one. A shame I couldn't see that motor run though...that thing would've been a beast. Hopefully the guy that got it now has the coin to fix it up.

• 1 month later...