in need of 620 help

Hi new to ratsun and datsuns in general always loved them just havnt owned one, i found one on cl and i am thinking of buying it but the problem is the engine needs rebuilt. Now that that is said would it be easier to rebuild( if so who can i go through for parts) or would it be easier to do a swap( if so what engine would be easier)? Any help would be awsome thanks

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh gotcha man. L20B is the best 'bolt in' that you'll get for that truck. reliable, easy to work on, and tough.

Stick with it. Rebuilding it will be much easier/cheaper/beneficial then swapping it.

Unless he can get a running one for $100!!

Chances are very slim on the east coast though...

Unless he can get a running one for $100!!

Chances are very slim on the east coast though...

No chance of that over here. lol I've been looking for an L20B for a while. East Coast hoarders want lots of $$ for a garbage motor.

Unless it's an L16, but that's a step in the wrong direction

If it's a '73 then the L20B had already been swapped in.

Does this 620 drive? If not you have no way to tell if the suspension, steering or brakes are any good. What about the clutch and the transmission? They could all need lots of work... and that on top of a new motor. I wouldn't pay much for a non runner because of this. Try to find the best runner you can for the money.