KA-E radiator ?'s

Im looking to change my radiator in my 510 and I'm just wondering what is the common radiator used with a KA-E swap. The one that came with the car is actually a mopar radiator for some reason and the inlet/outlet are on opposite sides of each other which makes me have to run a hose all the way across the radiator and I don't like that. I use an electric fan but the hose still is to close to the pulleys.

I am considering getting an aftermarket 240sx radiator because obviously the inlet/outlet are on the proper sides. Does this radiator fit into the 510? Im worried that it may be to big but I do not know.

What have you seen used and what should I do for an alternative?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DATSUN-510-KA24DE-Swap-AL-Radiator-SHROUD-12-FAN-/170571252996?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27b6d6c504&vxp=mtr

Easiest way to go. Inlets are on the correct side... nice sized radiator, has a shroud and fans. Cools my KA very well... and I'm sure you already know KAs run pretty hot, especially in traffic.

That's another one I've been considering but it is BY FAR way to expensive for what I'm looking for. I've noticed that its shorter than the standard 240 one. Am I right in thinking that Is why the 240 will not work? I need to go make some measurements and find out what the one I have is now....

Thanks for the link I know they have a few other cheaper options that I'm considering but at this point in my build it's definitely penny pinching time and I'm not trying to shoot down your suggestion so please keep the solutions coming.

Thanks

That's another one I've been considering but it is BY FAR way to expensive for what I'm looking for. I've noticed that its shorter than the standard 240 one. Am I right in thinking that Is why the 240 will not work? I need to go make some measurements and find out what the one I have is now....

Thanks for the link I know they have a few other cheaper options that I'm considering but at this point in my build it's definitely penny pinching time and I'm not trying to shoot down your suggestion so please keep the solutions coming.

Thanks

Yeah the 240 radiators are pretty long.

I totally understand.. I had a hard time paying $500 for a radiator lol, but it was well worth it. I don't skimp on stuff like this. I had a Rabbit radiator before this one and I just wasn't happy with the cooling.

This could work

End time: Apr 15, 2012 12:56:10 PM PDT

iPhone URL:

99-02 VW GOLF MK4 1J MT/MANUAL TWO/DUAL ROW/CORE ALUMINUM RADIATOR+14"BLACK FAN

Browser URL:

99-02 VW GOLF MK4 1J MT/MANUAL TWO/DUAL ROW/CORE ALUMINUM RADIATOR+14"BLACK FAN

Download eBay Mobile

thanks guys that is exactly what i was looking for! would you happen to have a picture of the filler neck installed on the car? im guessing when you get the radiator with the inlet/outlets on the proper side you can get the 240 upper and lower hoses too.... right?

+1 for ratsun... again!