z24 valve spring help?

nisracer

im planning on doing a basic rebuild with a cam and ka pistons. cam and pistons is an easy find, but i've been looking all over for some stiffer valve springs with no luck at all. these are all i can find, but as far as i can see they are stock replacements. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nissan-Z22-200SX-300ZX-720-INNER-OUTER-VALVE-SPRINGS-212-1372-RV1403-/370546865296#vi-content does anyone know if these are stiffer than stock? if anyone knows of any others that would be awesome! if not, can i just shim these springs to give a little pre load, so they will be a little stiffer?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably the same as stock or they would say so. FYI after 25 years or so your are probably a little less than stock anyway. I checked and all Z20/22/24 springs are the same and they also cross reference to the CA20 engine in the 200sx. Funny but the CA18ET springs are a different number on the early S12 (200sx) but just before the 240sx the CA20 started using them. Wether the CA18ET springs might be stiffer I don't know.

Probably the same as stock or they would say so. FYI after 25 years or so your are probably a little less than stock anyway. I checked and all Z20/22/24 springs are the same and they also cross reference to the CA20 engine in the 200sx. Funny but the CA18ET springs are a different number on the early S12 (200sx) but just before the 240sx the CA20 started using them. Wether the CA18ET springs might be stiffer I don't know.

that would be great if the ca18et springs are stiffer, i would imagine they would work, i had 2 s12 turbo's, and i had a freind with a non turbo ca20, visually, and in the FSM, they looked identical as far as the block and head goes. and as far as i remember the 18's main difference from the 20's was oil squirters and oil ports for the turbo but the rest looked spot on, but again thats just what i remember, i sold my last s12 in 2001 lol. is there anyway to find out if they would fit and or if they are stiffer?

No idea, but you could buy some and squeeze them. I have L and Z valve springs and they look the same. Sealick got some Ford? springs for one of his motors and they were 130 pound closed... see him.

No idea, but you could buy some and squeeze them. I have L and Z valve springs and they look the same. Sealick got some Ford? springs for one of his motors and they were 130 pound closed... see him.

Yes...for the LZ.....but I'm not using them. Got some Motorsport springs instead

mag7.jpg

Ford 2600 I believe...... (6 cylinder)

Ok sweet, but when you said, "lz", are you taking about a z24 with a l20b head swap, or will they with in the z24 head? Because I'd rather do a motor swap before I did a head swap lol. Also, are those inner and outer springs with the numbers on the label?