Corbeau CR1's in 72' 510 4dr

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the pic. The A4 looks like a very nice fit. The CR1 and A4 dimesions are close but the A4 base looks lower profile. I found a deal on some CR1's so I'm committed now. I hope I have the headroom.

Did you buy the Corbeau mounting bracket or did you make your own? How do you like the 4 point harness?

A4-L.jpg

CR1-L.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Installed drivers side Corbeau CR1 seat yesterday with some modified 510 brackets. Will post some pics tomorrow. Fit is excellent.

I offset the seat a little towards the tunnel and far enough back to give me some leg room. My wife gave me a hard time because I paid more for the seats than I did for the car.....

72' 510 4dr (Drivers Cobeau CR1 installed/passenger seat install coming soon)

IMG_0533.JPG

Seat pics

IMG_0535.JPG

IMG_0539.JPG

IMG_0538.JPG

IMG_0537.JPG

That's the spirit!

I was wondering just how well the A4's fit. Really affordable compared to what else is out there. They aren't the Bride gradients that I want, but they'll do just fine.

Certainly better than my APC POS's...

Hey Uber, are your A4's normal or wide?

They say they fit a 34/36 waist, I'm a 38. Something I can deal with or are these really tight around the 'mid section'?

PS nice roll bar... thinking I'm going to find me a used one some day since I have zero intentions of ever using my rear seat again. The one with the cross bar for harness attachment. If need be I can always have a buddy mod up what I have to my liking. :)

I have the regular... with a 32-34ish waist I'd say it's just right for me. You're probably going to want the wide.

I love the rollbar lol. I actually picked up a complete Autopower rollcage for $250, but ended up just using the rollbar part. I never drove the car prior to installing it, but I could tell right away that the rollbar stiffened the chassis up a whole bunch.

I'm still running the harness to the floor.... the harness bar that came with this rollbar was way too low to use safely... I've been meaning to buy some tubing and weld in a bar at the proper height.. but I keep forgetting. And when I remember, I don't have the money. lol